Roles and Responsibilities
• Implement automated test practices for web based applications using UFT.
• Work with the Automation Manager and Lead to define Framework, Process and Strategy associated with test automation.
• Develop and execute maintainable automation tests using UFT to address test areas such as software functional scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, and usability testing in preparation for implementation.
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope and delivery dates in a fast paced, Agile environment.
• Assist in the creation of automation status reports and metrics and provide weekly and monthly status to the management
• Participates and occasionally leads process improvement efforts within QA for automation testing in one or more areas of our applications, and efficiency solutions.
# of Positions Available: 3
• Proven 5+ years’ experience developing automated test systems using UFT
• Knowledge of Selenium is a big plus.
• Ability to create scripts beyond record and playback using UFT; developing functions, adding control flow logic, custom assertions, loops etc.
• Experience in designing a reusable framework for automated scripts.
• Experience integrating automated scripts to build for continuous integration.
• Solid understanding of object oriented programming, design and debugging skills.
• Excellent understanding of software design techniques.
• Experience in Agile development methodologies preferable.
• Strong Knowledge in Defect Management Tools such as HP ALM/Quality Center, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
• Experienced in creating Test Plans and updating those in TFS or HP Application Life Management (ALM).
• Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment.
• Recommends improvements in Automation strategies, software, and processes.
• Must be detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.